Have you ever bought a new brand of coffee, brewed your first cup of the stuff, smelt the gorgeous familiar aroma and then been disgusted after your first sip? If not, you are one of the lucky ones and maybe you just fancy a light, caffeine based cold refreshment. If you’re amongst the rest of us having had this awful experience, we have just the thing to do with that horrid imitation coffee that doesn’t involved throwing it in the garbage!
- 1 ½ cups of brewed coffee
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 tbsp of cocoa
- Optional – coffee ice cubes
- Optional – orange extract
- Optional – freeze some extra of this coffee into ice cubes, around 4-6.
- Take that gross coffee, brew 1 ½ cups of the stuff and leave it to cool naturally.
- Once cooled, add the milk and stir until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the sugar, beating thoroughly to ensure incorporation.
- Add the cocoa to the mixture and stir once again.
- If you chose to create coffee ice cubes, add these now.
- For a little bit of difference, why not add some delicious orange extract right at the end to give your caffeine brew a citrusy burst!
- Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy your (not so) hard work!
Written by London based wholesale coffee suppliers Doppio Coffee. Doppio Coffee is a coffee wholesale company that aims to build a bridge between roasters, coffee equipment manufacturers by offering commercial coffee machines, and independent coffee shops.