Thinking about it, not too long back, the kitchen was viewed as the female’s neck of the woods as can be heard in the first line of a famous Bill Haley song, which goes “Get out in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans.” Those days have indeed passed and along with the bright coloured frilly aprons and pastel coloured fridges, the archetypal 50s’ housewife has now become a relic of a bygone era.
- Nowadays, how things have changed! From the likes of self-sufficient single men and women, to equal couples, to those wannabe television celebrity male chefs, there are now more men than ever before who are cooking up a storm of great food for themselves and for the ones that they love.
So, what exactly are we looking at here? Let’s begin with:
There’s no room for countryside pictures or ducks and cats, as the kitchen that most men like to work in are sleek, modern, and individual and waiting there ready for any fellow to just dive straight into, and get some great food sorted out!
Cool, but Warm!
When you see a “masculine” kitchen, you will discover a few things that nearly all of them have in common, and that is a sense of warmth (via using wood, copper or stainless steel furnishings) and also some industrial style feel to them.
Fitted kitchens in Wiltshire are setting a modern tone to cooking, which has never been seen before and definitely looks set to stay.
- And when it comes to paint, darker shades are favoured, and you will never see the likes of bright reds, oranges, blues and greens being put to use.
At Least 30% More!
The kitchen remodelling business has certainly heard the call and is fully responding to fellows in aprons, because, the cost of the kitchen will be at least 30% more than if a female makes the same choice.
- This has helped to create some wonderful new kitchen designs!
Most kitchens catered to women in the past and because most males are taller than females, it makes good sense to have one that is elevated.
- If husband and wife both love to cook, a second lower counter can be installed.
A cool wireless sound system and smart TV can be part of any man’s kitchen and would all be easily controlled via a single remote control or his smartphone.
When it comes to the material for counters, the likes of low-maintenance quartz and other engineered stone products, which stain and scratch resistant, in uniform and usually darker colours would fit the bill.
- Old fashioned speckled, remains at the back of the kitchen shop!
Heavy duty ranges, exhaust systems and dishwashers would all look the part and with the range, select a high enough hood which has been designed for high smoke clearance! (But not too high as to be ineffective).
Alright all you gents out there, get rattling those pots and pans!